how to make your dreams come truei remember being a child. this long-haired, twiggy thing with delicious dreams of becoming a movie starlet or a princess. of course, you're not entirely logical when you are that young. your head is in the clouds and the future is a million miles away. i think when the clouds begin to clear and you start to see the future there in the sky, you begin to grow up. life begins to sink in. you realise you are not beautiful or elegant enough to become a princess, and your eyes don't sparkle enough to be a movie star. try again.how to make your dreams come true by Pretty-As-A-Picture
even though my clouds cleared away sooner than anyone else i knew my age, i was still breathing them. only suddenly i knew who i was, or moreso, who i wanted to be. i was fourteen and i wrote in my diary "i am nirrimi and because of that, i'm going to live. really live." and for me that meant throwing myself headfirst into photography and life. i didn't attend school much, i spent days planning, learning to retouch and taking pictures. my studies suffered and my passi
Other deviants' work I've collected over the years that has left an impression on me.
10 Reasons You Shouldn't Quit ArtYou know i keep my journals short, so i'll jump right to it.
1. When you get an idea for a character, or an illustration or a comic, you can just draw it. You don't have to browse and see if anyone else drew it already, or commission other artists to do it.
2. If you get really good at art, your favorite artist might watch you back.
3. You might eventually get paid for it.
4. Because even if there's tons of art out there, and many great artists, no one, and i mean NO ONE can ever draw what you draw. There can be similar ideas, but only you can bring your particular flavor of art to life.
5. The awesome comments. The better you get at art, the more awesome and elaborate comments you get. Who doesn't want to get praised?
6. Art trades with really good artists!
7. Because quitting is lame.
8. Because when IRL people ask you what you do and you say you're an artist, you get the most interesting reactions. It never gets old.
9. Because you get to browse the internet a